COMEDIC GOD


I'm sure this kind of title would catch many an eye. We've all heard of the one way to make God laugh (planning out our own lives) and sometimes bring up His impeccable sense of humor which I half love and get frustrated about all the same. 

One thing I've been able to focus on throughout my new intentional faith walk is what God has already done in my life and just being grateful. Connecting dots and auditing the whys behind occurrences as well as the closed doors that once had me at odds. Things are starting to make sense now. 

Instead of constantly complaining I'm counting my blessings which takes me to a recent revelation. I opened my journal and flipped back... oh how this concept hit. Like a freaking freight train.

Although I'm not exactly where I wanted to be or had envisioned at this time in my life, through a pandemic and one of the most difficult years for literally everybody... truth is... I've been given everything I asked for. 

Here's the catch, I was praying so broad I didn't realize how things were being handed to me. I know, lol, being spoiled comes so naturally.

In all seriousness, and technicalities set aside, I'm doing what I asked for with what I asked for how I asked for it. 

Makes me wanna look up shaking my finger to the sky. I see what was done here. I'm in a lesson.

Every single day I'm preaching patience, finding the why in the wait, making it through my stressful rut waiting for what I have had with me all along. 

This is me picking up on a big how to in prayer: SPECIFICITY.


It's so so so important to be specific when you pray. One reason plainly put so we can pinpoint our asks being answered.

When you “manifest” you’re told to picture and meditate on even the most minuscule details of exactly what you want. The less the specific the more variability. “Envision specifically how much money you want to make, the kind of home you want to live in, where it will be, the kinds of relationships you want to have...etc...”

If you can get that in depth with “the universe” why not its creator? The Man Himself?

Realistically, many of us struggle to get entirely specific with our desires and for a multitude of reasons. One being that we're simply afraid. If we really admit what we truly want in this life and put a number on it THEN it doesn’t happen, the intensity of that disappointment would cut.

Another reason is we feel unworthy of what we're asking for. Naturally, we dream big but over time we're convinced we ought to be out of our minds hoping to achieve such things. So we ask around the ballpark and settle for what comes...

But get this no desire of ours for ourselves is outlandish to God. No idea is garbage. After all He knows what we want to ask before we ask it. It's about having faith that our God is a god who'll see us through with the infamous yes, no, or just not yet responses. 

Some of the things we long to ask for might seem material and worldly we shame ourselves out of asking. But even in the ask God's guidance shines through. He is one to touch ours hearts helping us reason through what we're praying for and start thinking of the bigger picture.

Closed mouths don't get fed right? Seek and ye shall find... Matthew 7:7-8.

You ever ask a friend how they found their perfect match in a partner and get a response like "I made a list" Lol I would always think bologna and roll my eyes. They're on to something though as crazy as that sounds. 


Now of course I've got more Bible verses on me to support this whole run off. Matthew 20: 29-34. There were blind men who heard Jesus was around and were asking for the Lord's mercy over and over again. Jesus knowing exactly what they wanted still asked them, specifically... "What do you want me to do for you?" Only when they publicly declared precisely what they desired did they receive their sight.

Don't be afraid to ask and don't be afraid to be as plain and to the point.

Habakkuk 2:2-3, "And the Lord answered me: 'Write the vision; make it plain on tablets, so he may run who reads it. For still the vision awaits its appointed time; it hastens to the end it will not lie. If it seems slow wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay'".

Like me you'll do an audit after a year realizing you've been crying the same prayer for what you've already been given. 

"Remember the days you prayed for what you have now" this meme is everywhere a constant reminder that progress is progress. Whether fast or slow. His blessings never cease. Whether today or in 2 days. 2 months or in a few years, "all things work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose". 

Giving me exactly what I asked for, ok I see You. I'mma try again now and this time I'll be E X A C T