HUMANKINDNESS


My mom just so happens to work for an organization that adopted this term as their slogan.


Human kindness is the overall demonstration of the thoughtfulness a human being can offer another. It's being considerate, understanding, caring, etc...

It's being decent. 

You know what this year has given me? An overwhelming pour of clarity. A lot of people aren't kind. They're actually selfish, obnoxious and rude. 

If it's not social justice, racial debates, political views or a global pandemic... there has always been an opportunity someone could use to show their whole B E H I N D 

You don't like a viewpoint, fine, but the audacity everyone seemed to have bottled up to put themselves and their opinions above other people came in full effect 2020. 

As simple as if you MUST go outside please where a mask, the entire globe erupted in argument. People are dying at alarming rates but let's unload our conspiracy theories. 

My eyes have cleared. 



Not that I made it a habit of collecting friends without vetting them properly. And I'm not walking around naive to the world. For the most part, I know who's in my circle. That's where I'm focused. But when it comes to the extended circle of my circle. It's looking like hedges need to be trimmed. 

The holiday season is upon us and COVID is stilllll the HBIC until further notice. I urge all of you reading this to be respectful. Be considerate. 

Plenty of areas are going back into lockdown (which I can honestly say at this point there's no point) but follow the rules!!! 

Get tested, wear masks, minimize the population size, virtualize your gatherings... There is no amount of hand sanitizer that will protect you from every other person being reckless. 

I used to be able to say I'm lucky no one around me has been affected (detrimentally). As a healthcare provider I saw enough of it to empathize and do my part but it never hit as close as just recently. 

Also being in healthcare as well as being Christian and just normal... I feel like I'm being tested in not wishing horrible things on horrible people. 

Everyone should know by now that their actions these days have an enormous impact on whomever they come across. Even for a moment. It shouldn't have to hit close to home for you to wake up.



Think of others. Be kind.



I'll share my thoughts on vaccination soon.