MY BASIC SPRING FAVORITES


Spring is ending, school is over, and the vacation has officially started; meaning I'm back you guys!!! And save for work, online classes, and taking the PCAT this summer I have time for the blog again. Jeeez gone are the days where summer meant relaxation and sleeping in. I miss them. But that's what "adulting" does to you. There are no off days; at least BARELY.

To begin my return to the blog here's a hefty list of all the things I've acquired and loved this past season and will carry into summer as well. Maybe I'll turn you on to some cool new things too. Enjoy


BEAUTY


Pastel nails and pop of color lipsticks

Amlactin lotion - any girl with keratosis pilaris knows my struggle. The sun is out, my legs need to be too... but I've been slacking before now.  Proper TLC is oh so necessary.

Coconut oil - hair, skin, food, this is everything


FASHION




Skater dresses - as a tall person some of my best dress decisions are short dresses. Either as a tight design or skater; short dresses could never go wrong in my book because finding the right maxi dress is near impossible. I couldn't chose one dress for this because I have so many I love but in general skater dresses have been amazing to me. You don't have to worry about your tummy in contrast to the tight dresses and they can be worn for casual or dressed up events. I swear my closet is overrun by these dresses but I have no regrets. Most of the ones I pick up and buy come from... you guessed it... ROSS

Blazers - I'm not exactly sure what else to say other than I've been addicted to blazers and blazer outfits this past season I have two black ones and a brown one from Ross and a mint green one I order online - AliExpress

Shorts - now that I'm being proactive towards my leg issues; I've gotten a lot more comfortable wearing shorts. NO MORE SELF TORTURE DURING THE SUMMER HEAT - Says the Cali girl in me. This is another topic where I have none in particular, I just wanted to announce that I'm now wearing shorts in public more often

Heels - more things I've gotten comfortable wearing as the once very insecure tall giraffe of the past. My favorites are of the wedge variety however I've invested in a lot of beautiful others.

Blue shoes - the color scheme of this pair is just perfect. If you knew what my dorm room scheme was like, this would  make all the sense in the world to you. And the fact that they're so light weight on my feet + + +
(I got these and the most of my heels from Payless ShoeSource

Statement Necklaces w/ matching earrings :)

My Sunglasses - I don't usually wear sunglasses given my current necessary prescription eyeglass situation, but when I do wear sunglasses I bring out my favorite white ones from Amazon or the circular ones I purchased from the same vendor last summer. You can see them in my summer favorites Youtube video if you'd like

Brown purse - this is another Payless purchase and I got it on a deal as a freebie. Now I finally have a replacement for my worn down black Rachel crossbody. She won't go down easy so for now, 2 is fine


DOWN TIME ACTIVITIES

Choreographing dances - I haven't changed my major/life goals or anything, and I doubt I can be hired by any dance team. Butttttt. Dancing has developed into a true passion of mine especially to African songs. Hire me for your next event... jk... don't

Updating this blog - need I say more áƒ¦


TV SHOWS/YOUTUBERS TO WATCH

Jane the Virgin - Oh my goodness this TV series has to be one of my very guilty pleasures. Not because it's terrible but because I was one of its biggest starter critics out there. I heard the very random story line and instantly thought... No.... CW... Stop. Then after watching an episode; not really sure what led up to it, I just know I was wrong. My friends-- this show is hilarious, addictive, and well casted *cough* Rafael*cough* I really really like it. And now I have to wait after one of the most ridiculous end of season cliffhangers ever!

Reign - CW's Reign has also been a hit this spring for me. It's been out for a while and has had me ever since. Pretty sure I was abnormally hooked (almost religiously) onto this current season's plot in particular...

The British Youtuber Clan - Zoe, Alfie, Marcus, Niomi, Joe, Caspar, Oli, Jim, and Tanya. All of them. And they've made me insanely jealous of their lifestyle... Healthy or nah...?

I actually haven't watched any movies in theaters or read any books this spring... Unfortunate.


FOOD/DRINKS






Cascade Ice Sparkling Coconut Water

Outshine Pops - on a warm day these bars are A 1

Talenti Gelato - the over hype is real but I'll still give credit where it's due. This gelato is really nice and I'm really liking the Caramel Apple Pie at the moment.


MUSIC

My music tab outlines most of it out from the spring.
An extravagant mix of afrobeats, hip hop, and Spotify's viral hits playlist basically


APPS

Poshmark - with the end of the spring term approaching back in May, the idea of cleaning my room and clearing my closet was a nightmare to think about. I wanted to get rid of some clothes and donations were fine. However there were some items I new I couldn't just drop at a good will. Call me whatever, but I wanted money back if I was going to give them away. Between ebay, vinted, poshmark, and depop, I just blindly went in for Poshmark and haven't look back since. Yes you can get your share of jokers and crazies but I haven't been swindled once so I give it many stars. I like it. I have my closet linked to the side if you'd like to check it out yourself.

My Instagram, Spotify, and Bloglovin' apps have also been a part of my daily routine;

But you know what they are and what they do.

Anyway, there's my list. I believe I covered all areas.

Keep in touch because this summer is going to be interesting I just know it. And this is my first summer with a blog. Get ready you guys... Because boy do I have plans

Until next time